Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about tax? Read Australia Wide Tax Solutions FAQs for answers. If you can't find what you want, call us at 0488 854 200 today.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I have to lodge my tax return?

The best time we recommend to lodge your tax return is when the tax office has all your pre tax
information which is usually the 20 July of every year, people lodging tax returns between July 1 and
20 July run the risk of getting it wrong, if you want to use the ato software its between 20/07/20XX
to 31/10/20XX every year, we suggest you don’t use their software, as its only built for them and not
for the end user. Use the cheapest tax agent in Sydney rather than using their software.

Can I lodge my tax return via email?

We can send you a tax checklist of all the items we need and if you can prove your identity then we
can lodge on your behalf. 4-hour turnaround time.

Will I be fined if I don’t lodge my tax return?

The maximum fine per year for a personal tax return is $770 and it is not tax deductible. You may be
charged interest as well; however, these are deductible.

How much will it cost to get my tax returns lodged?

The more you have the more it costs, the less you have the less it costs, we charge a set rate
according to the sections you fill out, so no high fees and no hourly fees. In light of all this, the more
deductions you have the larger the refund, however please remember don’t go spending a dollar to
receive 30 cents back in refund if you don’t need too, only do it if you really need to spend, its just
not worth it!

Can my tax return cost be covered by my refund?

You can have your refund cover our fees, however this will cost an additional $55 as we have an
auditor compliance on a yearly basis, all trust accounts need to go through a stringent verification

If I lodge my tax return by electronic form how long does it take to receive my refund?

Usually, 14 days maximum, if it takes longer than that, they may mean they are doing extra checks on your tax return for something you may have claimed incorrectly.